But let's be real as to why I made up this feature: I just want the opportunity to post something about Harry Potter.
Did you know that the 2014 Quidditch World Cup had been going on in the Patagonian Desert in Argentina at the same time that the FIFA 2014 World Cup had been playing out in Brazil? Well, this past week, perennially bitchy
7 New Things We Learned About Dumbledore's Army From Rita Skeeter's Article On Pottermore
1. Members of Dumbledore's Army are even MORE famous now. Not just Harry. Everyone from the old gang - Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, and Luna - are apparently celebrities in the wizarding world.
2. Harry has a mysterious nasty cut on his right cheekbone. Presumably he got this as a result of his work as an Auror at the Ministry of Magic - and NOT as a result of a curse from Ginny, as Rita Skeeter implies - but it is not known exactly how he got it. Harry is also still sporting his trademark round glasses.
3. Ginny is working for the Daily Prophet and has been covering the 2014 Quidditch World Cup. Well, we knew this before Rita's article as she has been reporting the results of the tournament from Patagonia on Pottermore for the past few weeks now.
4. Ron quit his job as an Auror and has joined George in managing Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. I've always disliked the movie depiction of Ron as a clown with no useful skills to bring to the trio as book fans know that he is in fact essential, but I DO quite like this idea because it means George is now getting help and company in the wake of Fred's death.
5. Hermione is working her way through the ranks of the Ministry of Magic very quickly. No surprise that our girl became Deputy Head of the
Department of Magical Law Enforcement in a meteoric rise and is now poised to go ever higher in the Ministry. Will Minister for Magic be next?
6. Neville is a popular Herbology teacher at Hogwarts. His wife, Hannah Abbott, wants to take over Madam Pomfrey's old position as Matron of the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts. Rita seems to indicate that Neville and Hannah are alcoholics now, but we all know this is utter rubbish.
7. Luna has twin boys with her husband Rolf Scamander, grandson of Magizoologist Newt. You may recall that Newt Scamander will have his story told in the film adaptation of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, screenplay by J.K. Rowling. Unfortunately, the film will take place decades before the time of Harry Potter, so we will not see Luna and Rolf or any of the gang on screen then.