Home       About Me       Review Archive

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Now on Facebook and Pinterest!


Hi hi hi. So... if you can believe it, I have never had a Facebook account in my entire life until now. I'm kind of a private person, I guess. BUT I decided that it couldn't hurt to create an account under my pseudonym specifically for my blog. So if you're interested in being my friend, then I'd be happy to accept: here!

Along with that, I've created a Facebook page for my blog. I'm going to be going through my favourite blogs and Liking everyone's pages and of course it would be cool if people could Like my page if you want, as well: here! You can also leave links in the comments to your blog's Facebook page to make it easy for me to Like your page!

And in the spirit of joining sites just so that I can see what all the cool kids are talking about, I joined Pinterest... and have no idea what to do with it. What kind of things to people use Pinterest for anyways? I would love to hear any insight you can give me on this in the comments below. If you're interested in following me, then I'd be happy to return the favour: here!

14 comments :

  1. I use pinterest for a book read-along so I could look up all the historical places and events mentioned in the book - The author liked it so much that she helps me with it! I have almost 1000 followers on those 2 boards! I also am like a packrat, and it's nice to keep everything in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's cool! What an excellent use of Pinterest. I wonder if I could ever come up with something so useful... nah.

      Delete
    2. Why not! I following you on pinterest now - you can check all my crazy stuff out for ideas :)

      Delete
  2. Yay Aylee! I use Pintrest just to collect a bunch of cool stuff. Not really for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool! :D

    I mostly use pinterest to pin funny pictures about dogs :D that's all I use it for but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I use Facebook a lot for the blog and it's nice to follow other bloggers using it. And I love Pinterest! I probably don't use it as much as I should when it comes to blogging, but I'm trying. I hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha love it! Everyone uses Pinterest differenly. I just joined also and I'm mainly using it to pin images connected to my novel-in-progress and to keep track of books on my wishlist.

    My Facebook page is Readers Dialogue, and my Pinterest name is Esther Bernstein.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I'm on facebook and pinterest too (it's Lauren Becker for both...) Facebook is personal and business all together, since I post about my blog and I like so many pages through there. I just don't have the energy to make two. LOL I love pinterest, though. I pin craft ideas, party ideas, some food recipes (though I need more), products I want, books I want to read (though not a ton...most are on my amazon wish list), funny stuff, and more. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooh! Facebook! *runs off to 'like'*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Facebook and Pinterest, Aylee! :D Added you on both! :)

    If you want to check out my blog's FB it's: https://www.facebook.com/burningximpossiblyxbright

    Looking forward to chatting with you in the FB group now!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyy! I just friended you. I have Pinterest too but have no idea what to do with it either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I still have no Facebook account :) As for Pinterest, I know a lot of people use it to find recipes, Aylee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weeee awesome, congrats on all the new follow options haha! I just liked your FB page and followed you on Pinterest :D Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see pinterest as a way to organize things I find on the web and want to look at later. It's like web bookmarks for me, but more organized and visual. I have a board for web designs I like, blogging tips, and my favorite books. I love following authors on there who have board ideas for upcoming books. Leigh Bardugo's boards are STUNNING. :)

    ReplyDelete