1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?
They sure get upset over their enemies putting one foot over the line onto their land, don’t they? I don’t feel like the rivalry is warranted because I’m from a different time, but I can understand that the people in the Medieval time period were far more territorial over land.
2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?
Nothing is coming to mind. This is why I will never be a nurse no matter how much my mother wants me to find employment in that field. I am not hospitable.
3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
I’m excited at this development because it means that Gabi will be able to partake in some action instead of just watching from the sidelines like you would expect from a lady of this time. I wouldn’t say my initial impression of Gabi has changed as I’ve always viewed her as a very capable and talented girl. She is so lucky that her parents made her learn all these skills that are turning out to be so useful.I don’t have any secret skills, unfortunately; all of my skills are known by the people I know. I feel like I should learn some cool and useful skill in private and then whip it out at random moments to surprise and impress people.
4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?
I like Marcello as a romantic love interest for Gabi, though he is not to my tastes personally. I love that he is not patronizing of Gabi like a lot of the other men are but is still protective of her. Lady Rossi has grown on me. Though she seemed like a mean girl from another time at first, I feel for her and the pressure she has to marry and protect her land.
5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :)
I love to dance but only when I am very alone or very drunk (preferably both). I wouldn’t say I know any “cool” dance moves, no. Perhaps it might not be too bad attending a ball and dancing in public if I got to wear a really pretty dress. And hell-to-the-no I am not videotaping myself dancing for people to see!