Also, if you haven't yet heard, Small Review is hosting a River of Time Series Giveaway! All you have to do is help promote The River of Time Series and you could win some amazing prizes!
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would you have taken the tonic in Gabi’s situation?
Hard to say. Common sense says no but mayhap if I was in as much pain as Gabi, I would’ve been desperate for anything to help.
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people, especially Lord Forabosch, are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games, Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
It was a risk, sure, but I was cheering her on! I’m not even a competitive person myself, but I loved the idea of Lia sticking it to Lord Forabosch.
3. Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future, he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
I do think it is believable that Marcello would believe Gabi’s claim, only because I feel people from the medieval period were more gullible and more likely to believe in things like witchcraft and time travel. I’m not saying that people from this time period were dumb, they just weren’t as knowledgeable as people are in our time period, obviously.
4. In the end, Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
Heh, well I can’t imagine what the sequels would be about if Gabi didn’t return to Marcello. But even if I wasn’t aware of the sequels, the last few lines of Waterfall indicated to me that Gabi is going to do everything she can to get back. As she should! I totally think she should go for it if she thinks Marcello is “the one”.
5. Looking back at Waterfall, what was your favourite moment?
As in all time travel novels, one of my favourite parts is when the protagonist reacts and has to deal with their new surroundings, which are completely unfamiliar to them. It’s amusing to read about Gabi having trouble putting on the dress, learning how to ride sidesaddle, and coming up with a story to explain who she is and why she is there. Also, I loved the myriad of action scenes, obviously!
Aw, I'm sad to see this Read-Along end! It was good while it lasted though. Great job to everyone who put this together; the questions each week were either challenging or fun, and always a pleasure!