Can you believe that the release of City of Fallen Angels is only a month away? The fourth book in The Mortal Instruments Series is set to be released April 5th, 2011 (Right in the middle of finals craziness. Curses!). There's already been tons of excitement leading up to its release, including the release of the full first chapter, the announcement of Ed Westwick and Molly Quinn reading the audiobook, and the soon to be released book trailer!
I thought it would be a good idea to post what I think are the top ten unanswered questions from The Mortal Instruments Series that I hope to be resolved, if not in City of Fallen Angels, then at least sometime before TMI Cycle 2 is over. Cassandra Clare left a few things unresolved from TMI Cycle 1 and I'm DYING to find out the answers!
WARNING: Under no circumstances should you read the following if you have not read the first three books in The Mortal Instruments Series. Spoilers Ahoy!
1. What was Magnus talking to Tessa (from The Infernal Devices Series) about at the end of City of Glass?
From the epilogue of City of Glass:
"Magnus stood in the shadow of a tree, talking to a girl in a white dress with a cloud of pale brown hair. She turned as Magnus looked toward them, and Clary locked eyes with her for a moment across the distance that separated them. There was something familiar about her, though Clary couldn't have said what it was."
2. Why does Tessa look familiar to Clary?
Has Clary met Tessa before? For what other reason could she find Tessa familiar?
3. What did the Seelie Queen mean when she told Clary that her mother's accounts of her past may not be completely true?
Is there something Jocelyn has still yet to tell Clary from her past or was the Seelie Queen just trying to trick Clary? The Seelie Queen cannot lie but she can mislead.
4. What is the repercussion of Simon's curse, the Mark of Cain?
Clary marks Simon with the Mark of Cain, a powerful protection spell. This supposedly makes Simon invulnerable to anyone who tries to harm him. As Raphael says, "Any harm done to him will rebound upon the doer sevenfold."
5. Who will Simon choose: Isabelle or Maia or neither?
I am not on any particular Team for this. Does anyone have a preference?
6. If Magnus is immortal and Alec isn't, then what kind of effect will this have on their relationship?
I love Alec and Magnus together possibly even more than Clary and Jace. I'm worried how this is going to be resolved although I understand that not everyone's story can have a happy ending.
7. Why did Madam Dorothea predict that Jace would fall in love with the "wrong person"?
Is Clary the "wrong person" or is someone else? Is Madam Dorothea's prophecy just BS?
8. What is the repercussion of Jace being brought back to life?
Cassie posted a CoFA cookie back in May of last year indicating that Jace may be in trouble with the Silent Brothers for upsetting the balance of life and death.
9. Is Sebastian/Jonathan really dead?
Jace supposedly kills Sebastian in City of Glass (he breaks his spine and penetrates his heart with a seraph blade) and yet his body is never recovered.
10. Who is going to be the "Big Bad" in TMI Cycle 2 now that Valentine is dead?
There will be a new villain in the Second Cycle and according to Cassie, it is someone we've already met in either TMI Cycle 1 or The Infernal Devices. I'm absolutely baffled. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thoughts, predictions, theories, anything I missed?
Let me know in the comments!