Oi! Even though I've only been gone for two weeks and I've been doing my best to keep up with other people's posts in my absence, I still feel so out of the loop in the book blogging community! I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.
Finals went okay... I'm just relieved they're over with. My trip to B.C. to visit my cousin where she works in Whistler was awesome. Vancouver was trendy and wet and gorgeous just as it always is. I got to see the Olympic Cauldron! Very cool. This was my first trip to Whistler. It was a wonderful, little tourist-y town. It snowed pretty much the entire time I was there. I have never seen so much snow in my life! It is simply too cold and too dry to get that amount of precipitation here in Alberta.
But enough about my trip. Let's talk about my first giveaway! (As if you haven't already scrolled through to the important bits already, lol)
For my first giveaway, I want to keep it very simple: just leave a comment and no extra entries are available.
I am giving away 13 To Life by Shannon Delany (Goodreads/My Review) and Wildwing by Emily Whitman (Goodreads/My Review). I liked both of these books but I just can't see myself ever rereading them so I'm giving them away instead. I won both of these books in contests so I thought it would be fitting if I passed both of them on in my own contest.
1. Leave a comment telling me how you spent your Christmas/Holidays.
2. I'm not going to lie, I would really love it if this prize went to someone who followed me. That said, for this giveaway, you do not need to be a follower to enter nor will you receive any extra entries for following.
3. Is it just me, or are a lot of my followers from the UK? Maybe it just seems that way. At any rate, I'm going to make this giveaway INTERNATIONAL because I don't want to exclude anybody.
4. This giveaway will end 2 weeks from today on January 9, 2011 at midnight EST.
5. The winner will be announced on the blog and will have 48 hours to send me an email. So if you choose not to follow, please make sure you have some other way of finding out if you win.
1. As I indicated earlier, these books are not new; I have read them already. I'm pretty anal about keeping my books in very good shape though, I promise.
2. If for whatever reason the person who wins only wants one of the two books, I will pick a second winner to receive the other book.