Home       About Me       Review Archive

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Drowning In Series


I've been drowning in series for a long time now. I have so many series on-the-go that it's a little hard to keep track of them and remember where I'm at it the story, and I really hate feeling overwhelmed when it comes to a hobby that gives me such joy. So I have decided that I need to take control of the situation. I need to keep tabs on which series I'm in the middle of, which series I still have yet to read, and which series I need to DNF if they aren't priorities. This is inspired by Mel of The Daily Prophecy, who challenged herself to cut down on the huge number of series she was reading.


WIP Series - TOTAL: 15
I have 15 series that are currently "Work In Progress." Now, this may sound like a big number to some people, but I'm actually quite proud of myself because I've gotten it down from what was originally a hugely embarrassing number that I'd rather not share. My goal is to keep my WIP Series at fifteen series, so if I want to start a new TBR Series, I would like to finish up a series on this list first. Ideally, I could get this number down to 10 someday...

The Archived by Victoria Schwab – 1 book left
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer – 5 books left
Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis – 6 books left
Cormoran Strike by Robert Galbraith – nth books left
Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong – 2 books left
Every Day by David Levithan – 1 book left
The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey – 2 books left
Finishing School by Gail Carriger – 1 book left
His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers – 1 book left
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – 2 books left
Micah Grey by Laura Lam – 1 book left
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani – 1 book left
Starbound by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – 2 books left
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – 3 books left
Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas – nth books left



TBR Series - TOTAL: 52
So as you can see, I have a huge number of series that I would like to read someday (and I'm willing to bet you do too!). And I'm sure this list isn't even comprehensive, as I'm confident I'll be adding to it always (SO many series, SO little time!). A lot of these TBR Series have been on my TBR for a long time and I'm honestly SO excited to get to them... With that said, if ever I decide that I NEED to start one of these right away even if my number of WIP Series is too high, then I'm going to do so because ultimately I want reading to remain my favourite happy past-time.

Abhorsen by Garth Nix
The Agency by Y.S. Lee
Anna by Kendare Blake
The Ascendance by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Bartimaeus by Jonathon Stroud
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer
Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente
Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Flavia de Luce by Alan Bradley
Gemma Doyle by Libba Bray
Graceling Realm by Kristen Cashore
Half Life by Sally Green
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
Kat, Incorrible by Stephanie Burgis
Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Killer Unicorns by Diana Peterfreund
The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
The League of Princes by Christopher Healy
Legend by Marie Lu
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
The Malediction Trilogy by Danielle L. Jensen
The Mediator by Meg Cabot
Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee
Pivot Point by Kasie West
The Queen’s Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
Red Rising by Pierce Brown
The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce
Study by Maria V. Snyder
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle

Are there any series that I've forgotten here that you feel I MUST add to my list? Let me know!


DNF Series - TOTAL: 41
For the life of me, I absolutely cannot DNF a book if I'm in the middle of reading it, no matter how much I'm not enjoying it... The same cannot be said when it comes to series. I guess I feel like life is too short to continue on with a series I'm not enjoying when there are SO many TBR Series that I'm dying to get to! Note that the following DNF Series may not necessarily be on this list because I did not enjoy the first book; I may simply feel no need to continue on with the series despite liking the first book. Priorities!

13 To Life by Shannon Delany
The 100 by Kass Morgan
Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
Black City by Elizabeth Richards
Blackthorn and Grim by Juliet Marillier
The Blessed by Tonya Hurley
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson
Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney
Death Sworn by Leah Cypress
Defiance by C.J. Redwine
Dualed by Elsie Chapman
The Elemental by Sherry Thomas
The Ender Quartet by Orson Scott Card
Fury by Elizabeth Miles
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Holders by Julianna Scott
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
The Hybrid Chronicles by Kat Zhang
Icons by Margaret Stohl
The Lynburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan
Magisterium by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
Mind Games by Kiersten White
Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Order of Darkness by Philippa Gregory
Possession by Elana Johnson
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Robert Langdon by Dan Brown
Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
Splintered by A.G. Howard
Summer by Jenny Han
The Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks
Talon by Julie Kagawa
The Wizard’s Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke
XVI by Julia Karr

Are there any series here that you feel I should give a second chance and not DNF yet? Let me know!


Completed Series - TOTAL: 40
And to finish off with a list that makes me feel good: there are 40 book series that I have completed and I feel quite satisfied to have done so! Of course, in many cases I was sad to see them end, but in another sense I'm happy to have completed 40 series that I have enjoyed from beginning to end (in most cases... some of these series had disappointing finales).

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa
Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford
Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness
The Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Curse Workers by Holly Black
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Dust Lands by Moira Young
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Matched by Ally Condie
Maze Runner by James Dashner
Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Millennium by Stieg Larsson
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
River of Time by Lisa Bergren
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


I'm feeling quite good that I have taken the steps to get organized about my series reading, made goals to cut down on the number that are WIP Series, and DNF'd series that I feel no especial need to continue. As I said, I dislike feeling overwhelmed when it comes to my most cherished past-time and making these lists is my version of coping with that. If you've ever felt like you are drowning in series too, I definitely encourage/challenge you to do the same!

38 comments :

  1. Wow, I'm impressed you've kept track like that. Trying to think of series that I haven't finished. The Hush, Hush series; the Leigh Bardugo series, the Philip Pullman series - so many! Some I want to finish, some i don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well it took some time to sort out, but organizing things and making spreadsheets and whatnot actually relaxes me, heh

      Delete
  2. Your WIP series is quite impressive. You should be proud, Aylee! There are some series that I dropped in the middle and have no desire to pick up (Fallen by Lauren Kate, Vampire Academy, Shifter series, etc). As my reading time shrinks, I don't have any time for duds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! Heh, thank you :) And I agree, I don't want to be wasting any time on anything that I don't think is worthwhile.

      Delete
  3. Oh, so many series here! I hope you get to finish and start the ones you want to read soon. But of course, those you want to read will keep increasing as more books come out. Good luck! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Most recent post: ARC Review: Magonia by Maria Headley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, oh yes I know that list will be ever growing... this is my way of attempting to tackle it :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! I am impressed at how you know all of this^^ Like, you kept track of all the series you need to finish, want to get into, have finished and will not finish. YOU ROCK at organization Aylee! I think that I will forever have a TON of WIP on the go and I'm fine with that...the more I read, the more I realize that I like mixing things up so to not get bored with a certain series. That and when I binge on a beloved series by reading them all back to back, the series hangover is too severe and then I get into HUGE reading slumps that never end O.O

    Anyways, way to go with organizing your series' and setting goals! I wish you ALL the luck in managing your reading list and narrowing things down as you go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't been keeping track of it as I go or anything (I will be doing so now though). I just took some time to sort through what series I wanted to finish/want to start/don't want to finish from my Goodreads shelf and compiled them into a spreadsheet (as I do - organizing relaxes me). I would consider 15 WIP series to be a "ton" in my situation, so I'm glad I have those to work through. Keeps me sane. Thanks, Micheline!!

      Delete
  5. This is great, Aylee! I've always wanted to track my series statistics and I joined FictFact for this reason but I just don't like the look of the website so nothing much happened there.

    However, I came across <a href='http://itsallaboutbooks.de/2015/06/spreadsheet-series">this post</a> by Crini and it's absolutely awesome! My stats are terrible, though. Hehe. I'm in the middle of 90 something series which is horrendous and I've only added the series I really want to start and that number is somewhere around 50. I've barely completed 25 series which is a serious shame. Hopefully now I will work harder!

    Great to see The Raven Cycle on your series TBR because that's the only series that matter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that spreadsheet!! And I thought I was organized. That spreadsheet puts my spreadsheet to shame X) But maybe I could work in some of those aspects into mine - thanks for pointing it out to me, Sana! And good god, 90 WIP Series o_O I would die!

      Delete
  6. First off, did you change your blog design because it's AMAZING. I LOVE IT!!!!! It's seriously cute and so Pottery hehe.

    I'm almost afraid to keep track of series like you have here but I totally admire it!
    I still need to read book 2 of The Archived series, same with School for Good and Evil. But I'm waiting on Lunar Chronicles, ToG, and Finishing School too! Can't wait! Grave Mercy is on my TBR, as is the Starbound series.

    Fire and Thorns is fab! Each book gets better, with Book 2 being my personal favorite. And I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses :D Graceling is another series that I loved and want to reread someday, it's been so long. Stolen Songbird and The Winner's Curse were both so wonderful! I haven't read the sequels yet... and I LOVE The Raven Cycle and Scarlet. The Raven Cycle is the only series I've reread since Harry Potter, if that tells you anything. I've read the first two 3 times and the 3rd book twice. And I'm reading Song of the Lioness right now! It's really good!

    You really really need to add the Seven Realms series to your list if you haven't read it. It's high fantasy and it's fantastic! The first book is the slowest but it sets the scene so perfectly and the characters are really great. Lots of magic and romance and adventure.

    The only series I really feel you have to give a second chance is The Lynburn Legacy. It's one of my favorites; I really loved Kami and the other characters, the banter, the gothic creepiness of the magic, the romance, the families. And since all 3 books are out now, you wouldn't have to worry about cliffhangers. It's honestly one of my favorite series.

    I've DNFed a few of these too. Not really interested in continuing with the Bone Season, The Syrena Legacy, or Black City. I'm still curious about Defiance despite not loving the first 2. But we'll see. I have a few of these first books on my TBR.

    Good luck with your TBR!!! I've been rereading Harry Potter in between mine, it's been nice hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgan!! Thanks for this amazing comment. I changed up the blog design some time ago :)

      I was a little afraid of doing it myself, but I am glad I did it in the end. If I had posted the original list, it would have looked quite a bit different (and shameful) but it gave me something to work on until I could get to the list that I have here currently.

      Oh man, I KNOW I have some good reading ahead of me!! The Raven Cycle will be the next series I get to (SO excited that you've reread it already!), but I'm definitely looking forward to all the other ones you name, as well.

      Ahh, Seven Realms! I'm sure there are plenty of series that I've forgotten to add to this list, and the Seven Realms is one of them. It sounds right up my alley!

      You know, with The Lynburn Legacy, a part of me wonders whether I was maybe not in the right mood at the time I was reading it. It happens to me sometime. So I think I would need to reread it first and then reevaluate - what I DO know is I love SRB's humour!

      Awesome! I'm also rereading HP at the moment :):)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on organizing all this information! I love projects like this. Ok, so, feedback? Of your DNF series that I've read, I don't think you're missing much by not finishing them. As for your series you haven't started yet:

    The Agency by Y.S. Lee: Really disliked the first book and DNF'ed the series after that. So NOT historically accurate and very heavy handed with the modern messages.

    Anna by Kendare Blake: Fun! And only two books, so plus when it comes to starting a series. I think you'd like them, especially if you like the tv show Supernatural.

    The Ascendance by Jennifer A. Nielsen: Excellent amazing awesome first book. Disappointing book two. Couldn't even finish the third book.

    A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: Holy cow, LOVE. Cliffhanger ending though.

    The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan: Meh, ok. I read the first book and would give it a 3. Didn't feel the need to continue with the series.

    Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: Read the first book and loved it. Tried to read the second book years later and couldn't get into it at all. Still haven't finished this series.

    Flavia de Luce by Alan Bradley: Tried reading the first book but couldn't get into it. Felt very much like an adult trying to write about a MG main character and having no clue how to do it in a genuine way. Also, kinda boring.

    Gemma Doyle by Libba Bray: ok. Read the first book. Never finished the rest.

    Graceling Realm by Kristen Cashore: Ok, but I don't get the hype. only read the first book. The MC isn't easy to like.

    Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: fun and cute, but nothing super special. Read the first book, didn't finished the series.

    The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini: Ok. Read the first book and the first half of the second book. Definitely some good things about it, but overwritten and the main character is kind of annoying.

    Kat, Incorrible by Stephanie Burgis: LOVE this series! Very cute, and no cliffhangers.

    Killer Unicorns by Diana Peterfreund: This series is awesome and I think you'd like it a lot. BUT it ends on a huge cliffhanger and the publisher didn't contract for the third book, so it will probably never be finished. Still, awesome, awesome killer unicorns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The League of Princes by Christopher Healy: So funny! I think you'd get a kick out of this series. I'm re-reading it on audiobook now and it's just as enjoyable. The books look massive, but they're super fast reads.

      Legend by Marie Lu: Read the first book and like it, but never finished the series.

      The Mediator by Meg Cabot: I really like this series. The books are fast reads.

      Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan: You will totally appreciate her sciency approach. I think you'd be kindred spirits.

      Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee: crazy good first book, but I still haven't read the rest.

      The Queen’s Thief by Megan Whalen Turner: Amazing. I haven't read anything quite like it and I definitely think you'd appreciate it. The first book is the weakest, but the second is probably my favorite.

      The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson: Hated the first book. Love triangles, silly main character. DNF'ed the series.

      Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen: DNF'ed the first book. Scarlet is very "issues"

      Seraphina by Rachel Hartman: ok first book, really disliked the second book. I think this is a series you might like though.

      Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard: Fun first book! I think you'd like it. I DNF'd the second book though because the character kept making poor choices. Also, slow plot, which might not bother you as much. I think you'd like the love interest.

      Study by Maria V. Snyder: The first book is great and can be read as a standalone. I've heard the sequels aren't very good, but I decided not to read them.

      Uglies by Scott Westerfeld: I DNF'ed midway through the second book. The dystopian world isn't entirely realistic, but I think you might like this one.

      Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: Fun! I can see you liking this. I only read the first book, but I intended to read the rest.

      The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater: Shiver is very Twilight-like, and not in a good way for me. I DNF"ed the first book. Very insta-love and romance focused.

      You didn't really ask for feedback, but I hope that helps! :) I don't want to add to your feeling of being overwhelmed, but if you can sneak in one more series I'd highly recommend the Penderwicks series, especially since you enjoyed Anne of Green Gables.

      Delete
    2. Hee, thanks Small! Yes please on the feedback!! You know how to deliver. And feedback is great coming from you because you have distinct opinions and you also have a good feel for what I would like.

      I think for a lot of these that you've mentioned, I'm going to need to read the first book for myself to find out for sure if they're for me... I do have my doubts on a lot of them though, that's for sure, which is why some of them are definitely ranked higher priority-wise than others. Perhaps I should make a priority list version of the above, rather than alphabetical...

      Of course I'm keen on all the series you've marked as "fast reads" and also on the series in which you don't necessarily have to read the subsequent books after the first one to get something out of it. I'm a little more wary of series that start out great and then the subsequent books are... less than great. I dislike making an investment in a series and then not having that pan out.

      I'm still so bummed when I think about Diana Peterfreund's Killer Unicorns series. Because that is really the main thing holding me back from reading them - that there is no proper ending. I need closure!! So even though I am definitely intrigued by the series, it's still not a number 1 priority for me.

      Penderwicks! That's one that I forgot to add to my list :) I think I'll like that series too. In that same line of thought, I think I might also enjoy Little House on the Prairies.

      Thanks, Small :) Definitely helpful!

      Delete
  8. OMG!! I am amazed at how you have kept track of every series... I should do this too :p
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! This post is all kinds of gorgeous Aylee :D Thank you so much for sharing about this. <3 So many books to read. And so many series already read :) Ack, I hope you will read the sequel to The School for Good and Evil soon. <3 Book three is almost out :D I cannot wait. Adored both the first books so much :) And ohh, hoping you'll read The Winner's Curse soon too, I hope and think you will love those books :) They are stunning. Sigh. Anyway. I have so many series that I have yet to finish.. Too many :p But one day. Probably. My memory is getting bad, so I feel like I must re-read the first books before I read the next ones :\ Which is a bit annoying. Hmph. Anyway. Thank you for sharing sweet girl :) Love your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Carina :) SO many books, but we love it right? :D And I have read the second book in the School for Good and Evil trilogy - just waiting for the third one now. I think I would feel the need to reread if I had so many series on-the-go that I couldn't keep track of them all, so it helps that I've gotten my WIP series down to a select few :)

      Delete
  10. How have you managed to remember all these series that you've started/DNF'd/plan to read? You're so organised! I am terrible at keeping up with these things. So many good books (and so many DNFs I agree with) on these lists! For your TBR, I definitely recommend The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan. I loved that series. I also really enjoyed the Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong and would love to hear your thoughts if you finish that series any time soon! Great post, you've definitely inspired me to get more organised in regard to my reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I didn't quite remember them all off hand or anything! I had to sort through my books on my Goodreads to work this all out. It took some time to organize, but now that I have the baseline and all I need to do is update as I go, it should be much easier going forward. I really hope it helps you if you decide to do something lie this too!

      Delete
  11. Fairyland, Graceling, Hitchhikers Guide and A Series of Unfortunate Events. There you go! I've totally contributed my bit to encouraging your to add more books to your WIP series list! These are some of my all time favourite series'- if I had to choose just one for you to read, despite all I've said on Fairyland and Graceling to you already, it'd be the Douglas Adams. I just finished the third book and they're bizarre and hilarious and I'm certain you'll hold them so close no one else will see them for an eterninty, once you start.
    *dances about, throwing confetti about and imagining you straining not to add more books to your current reading list* I'm so helpful!

    This is so neat, though, and definitely something I'm feeling twinges to do for myself. I think I'm reading a relatively small amount of series at the moment, although who knows- I may surprise myself once I start investigating via goodreads. I don't feel like it's out of control at the moment, so I don't think I need to do this in order to retain calm (it's gonna happen one day, though, I'm sure), but this is such a great idea. I remember Mel doing it, too!
    Great job at being on top of your WIP. You go, Aylee. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know you love those series, Romi. I'm sure I will too! Heh, you are so wily - I think The Raven Cycle will be the newest series that I'll be adding to my WIP Series List because it received the highest number of votes on my Summer TBR poll a few weeks ago, but I am definitely curious about Hitchhiker's Guide!!

      You know, I was sure my number wouldn't be out of control high too, that is until I took a look through my Goodreads and discovered that I had forgotten about a number of series... so I'm glad I've done this now because I have a much better handle on my series now! Thanks Romi :)

      Delete
  12. It's never cool when reading starts to seem like a chore, so I think it's great you've figured out what series are most important to you. I tried to get through a few series this year that I'd been curious about for awhile and they only had three books or so, and that was nice. I have a lot more ARCs to read/review after BEA though, so I don't have as much time anymore. I think the series you're currently reading is pretty good because it looks like there aren't TONS more to read for most of them!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it makes me excited that there are only actually 1 book left in most of the series that I am currently reading :) Oh, and I'm super impressed that you've managed to get caught up on a lot of series this past year, like Daughter of Smoke and Bone, which would be quite an endeavour to get through. Too bad you have less time now, though!

      Delete
  13. I didn't make as complete of a list as you, but a few years ago when I felt overwhelmed by series, I counted 42. If I couldn't remember characters or plots I just ditched them and ended up sticking with only 2-3. I don't start many anymore or I check to see if they at least don't end on a huge cliffhanger so I could read the first and be done if I wanted.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 42!! Oh my goodness, I think you definitely did the right thing dropping the ones that hadn't really made much of an impact on you. 2-3 is most excellent!

      Delete
  14. This list includes so many amazing books! One book that stood out to me on your DNF list is the Giver. Most people only read The Giver, but the entire series is so good, and the books go into one another. I think you should give it another try. Also they are all super short (except for son), so you can probably finish it pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aubrey. I have actually considered giving The Giver series a try. I loved The Giver and in my review, I asked people if it was recommended that I continue on reading, and the response was pretty mixed so I decided against it. But I could see myself bringing it back onto my WIP Series list if I can get my number down a bit more!

      Delete
  15. Wow! I've recently been thinking the same thing. That I can think of, I've got 12 WIP series, plus I'm waiting for the last Raven Cycle book (out in March), and debating over whether to continue or to DNF the Small Blue Thing trilogy by SC Ransom. There are so many I want to start, but I'm going to try and finish at least some of the ones I'm reading before I do so. I'm desperate to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but out of the last four books I've read ... guess what? Two were the first in series: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, and The Amulet of Sarmakand by Jonathan Stroud. I need to STOP starting new ones before I've finished the ongoing! Ugh. Struggles.

    To your TBR list, please add Skulduggery Pleasant, because it's the best of ever. RE the rest of the books: Raven Cycle and WoMF (Stiefvater) are both great and Hitchhiker's Guide is A++. Aside from that we share a few TBR wishes, namely A Wrinkle in Time, Mistborn and Ascendance. Personally, I have abandoned Flavia de Luce and the Inheritance Cycle after reading the first book of each, but of course, each to their own. Lots of people love them.

    Great post -- and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, 12 WIP Series is pretty excellent! But I'm glad to hear you can relate to my need to keep my WIP Series count down. And you're right to desperately want to start Daughter of Smoke and Bone because it is most excellent :)

      Ohh yes, Skulduggery Pleasant is one I forgot to add for sure! I can think of quite a few UK and Ireland bloggers who always rave about that series, so I know I need to add it to my list. And yeah, I may end up DNF'ing many of those series on my TBR list if I read the first book and find they aren't for me...

      Delete
  16. My, my! That's a lot of series. I bet I haven't read even read half of them, some of them I haven't even heard of. Hmm. I do admire you for taking this seriously and you've done a great job.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well I know you prefer standalones and I respect that and wish I were more like you :) Thanks, Sarika!

      Delete
  17. gan good job, this article is very interesting to note, cool deh,, of course we have new insights that we get after reading it, thanx yah :-)

    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan saraf mata rusak

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm like for website after reading all in the page
    obat eksim herbal

    ReplyDelete