Home       About Me       Review Archive

Monday, November 15, 2010

Muggle Monday (1)

So, I'm thinking about starting a weekly post wherein I post a quote, a video, or a significant piece of news from the Harry Potter franchise. I don't know if it'll become a "thing" for sure. This is somewhat inspired by the Mundane Monday posts by The Mundie Moms (which was the first book blog that I read that introduced me to the world of book blogging).

Let's be real though: I just want the opportunity to post something about Harry Potter.

So, this week I'll be highlighting the 2010 Quidditch World Cup that took place this past weekend in NYC. 47 schools across America and Canada took part in the large-scale sporting event that drew in quite a crowd of spectators.


OMG. How nerdy. How fun. I wish I could have been there first hand to witness this. It looks very amusing.

3 comments :

  1. Haha, I love Harry Potter. ABC Family ran a bunch of the movies this weekend and I watched 2-5 (for probably the millionth time).

    I imagine they have to make some adjustments to the game (like the seeker position), besides the obvious of not having brooms that fly. Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there is still a snitch in the game played by someone dressed in gold and the seekers have to catch them capture the flag style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, that's a fun work around. Actually, that sounds really fun. Now I want to play. :p

    ReplyDelete