Home       About Me       Review Archive

Monday, May 1, 2017

Top Ten Weird A.F. Book Covers


Cover Theme Freebie this week for Top Ten Tuesday, so I'm going for Top Ten Weird A.F. Book Covers. Enjoy.


1. Strange Relations


Ummmm, those are some mighty strange relations there indeed.



2. Catflexing: A Catlover's Guide to Weight Training, Aerobics & Stretching


You know, my work out routine has been getting a bit stale lately. Anyone have a cat they can loan me?



3. The Second Experiment


I can't say I've read the synopsis for this one, but I CAN say I would give this a read nonetheless, just to figure out WTF is going on here.



4. Dinosaur Erotica


Now, those who know me know I love dinosaurs in a BIG way, always have. But these dinosaur erotica novels? HELL NO. AND WHY.



5. Liberace: Your Personal Fashion Consultant


Because who wouldn't want to pair knee-high argyle socks with short shorts and a fringed, sequinned jacket?



6. Knitting With Dog Hair: Better a sweater from a dog you know and love than from a sheep you'll never meet


You know, now that they mention it, wearing knitwear from an anonymous random sheep IS rather impersonal.



7. The Finnish Harry Potter Covers


Oh Finland, WHY? I do actually like that this artist has their own consistent artistic style for these books, but I just don't get the noses.



8. The Rifleman


I mean... how unfortunate. But the cover designer here is completely clueless.



9. Hail Hibbler


WHY??!???!



10. But... You're A Horse

*notice human hands on horse*
... I think I'll just leave it at that.

22 comments :

  1. Not only does that last one have a VERY unfortunate cover, but its title... OH. MY. GOODNESS. That has to be one awkward story. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I loved reading this post. So many weird covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat flexing cover made me laugh. I never would have guessed that such a thing exists or that cats would be willing to exercise with their humans.

    The Finnish Harry Potter books looked weird as well.

    And I have to agree with Rissi about that last book. I really do not want any more information about that woman's relationship with her horse. :O

    Here is my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you look closely at that last cover though? It's not a regular horse, it's a horse with human hands (and possibly other human body parts??). o.O

      Delete
  4. These are crazy and pretty creepy! What a fun take on the topic.
    Here's my TTT:
    https://bookmarkedbliss.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/top-ten-tuesday-cover-freebie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an interesting take on the freebie. Most of us have done beautiful covers or "favourite covers", but you've taken the time to hunt for WEIRD covers.

    The first one will definitely haunt my dreams tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly didn't know I needed this in my life until now. Oh my goodness this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO. If I had a gold star to give you, Aylee, I would fly/drive up to Canada and personally give it to you. I can't make much noise because of testing going on in the library but I'm dying inside. Holy crap on a cracker! I never knew dinosaur erotica existed! I have been enlightened. Thanks for giving me a huge smile. I needed it especially on this cold May day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I can't even with some of these! Who actually thought these would be a good idea?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I don't even know what to say about some of these. This is the best list yet, I can't believe some of these made it to publication! I had so much fun going through these, great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I audibly gasped when I saw the But... You're a Horse cover. No, just no. Actually a good chunk of these covers are just no. How did you even find them?!? What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just googling around some dark corners of the internet :)

      Delete
  11. Lol, why would you torture yourself looking for such awful covers? I wonder why the artist for the Finnish covers of Harry Potter decided to feature such prominent noses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh god, that last one and the dinosaur erotica (never thought I'd write that) are just....WHY?! It's amusing to see these though! And oh gosh, the noses on those Finnish HP covers.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow did you excel at this one!!! lol I don't really have words for this.

    I do know someone with a dog hair knit hat/ & mittens!! lol No dogs were harmed in the making of them :-))

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some seriously weird covers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahahahaha OMG where did you find these^^ The Cat Flexing one made me chuckle just because I'm a crazy cat lady but even I haven't tried that LOL! Those noses on the Finnish HP covers are very unfortunate LMAO! And well The Riffleman has some...suggestive log placement going on there XD I'm not even going to comment on the dinosaurs and horses...WHY?!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Weird AF doesn't even begin to cover these covers. WOW. How can these exist?!

    ReplyDelete