Home       About Me       Review Archive

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: Macmillan Fall 2015 Catalog

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking The Spine in which upcoming, eagerly anticipated releases are highlighted on the blog.

This week, I've chosen to feature a few picks from the Macmillan Fall 2015 Catalog:

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Date: September 29, 2015
Add to Goodreads

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

New series from Leigh Bardugo set in the same world as The Grisha!! This is basically some of the best bookish news ever because I was SO not ready to be done with that world, considering all the fantastic work Leigh put into Grisha and Ravkan lore. Cannot wait for Six of Crows!


Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith
Date: October 6, 2015
Add to Goodreads

A high-concept, fantastical espionage novel set in a world where dreams are the ultimate form of political intelligence.
Livia is a dreamstrider. She can inhabit a subject's body while they are sleeping and, for a short time, move around in their skin. She uses her talent to work as a spy for the Barstadt Empire. But her partner, Brandt, has lately become distant, and when Marez comes to join their team from a neighboring kingdom, he offers Livia the option of a life she had never dared to imagine. Livia knows of no other dreamstriders who have survived the pull of Nightmare. So only she understands the stakes when a plot against the Empire emerges that threatens to consume both the dreaming world and the waking one with misery and rage.
A richly conceived world full of political intrigue and fantastical dream sequences, at its heart Dreamstrider is about a girl who is struggling to live up to the potential before her.

Damn, this cover and blurb just scream originality! I love it. It's pretty rare that I come across a book these days that doesn't seem reminiscent or derivative of a dozen other books. So I'm definitely looking forward to Dreamstrider!


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Date: October 6, 2015
Add to Goodreads

Simon Snow just wants to relax and savor his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one will let him. His girlfriend broke up with him, his best friend is a pest, and his mentor keeps trying to hide him away in the mountains where maybe he’ll be safe. Simon can’t even enjoy the fact that his roommate and longtime nemesis is missing, because he can’t stop worrying about the evil git. Plus there are ghosts. And vampires. And actual evil things trying to shut Simon down. When you’re the most powerful magician the world has ever known, you never get to relax and savor anything.
Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.

Woohoo, new Rainbow Rowell! And even better: a return of some Simon and Baz action from Cath's fanfic from Fangirl! I had a ton of fun reading that fanfic - which is a play on Harry Potter H/D slash fanfiction - so I already know I'm going to have a ton of fun with Carry On!


Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
Date: November 10, 2015
Add to Goodreads

Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend–the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?

824 pages of glorious reading and spending time with my faves Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, and who I am sure will be a new fave girl, Winter. I have no doubt that Marissa Meyer will do a fantastic job with this series ender, considering her books somehow seem to get even more intense and epic than the one before. Winter is coming!


How about you? Are you waiting on any of these Macmillan Fall 2015 reads? Are there any upcoming books from the Macmillan Fall 2015 Catalog that I didn't include here that you feel I should add to my list?


36 comments :

  1. Oooo Winter, DYING for it be November already. Dreamstrider looks awesome, also. Two others I'm looking forward to in the Mac Fall catalog are Calvin and Firewalker!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thank you for pointing those ones out to me, Becky! Adding them now :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah, all of these beautiful choices but DREAM STRIDER have made my Wow list. Of course, there's still time for it to show up too. These covers are just amazing. My Wow comes out in September so I feel your pain on waiting... and the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the wait... sometimes I wonder why we torture ourselves with this meme X)

      Delete
  3. So many great books.I can't wait to get my hands on all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamstrider sounds amazing! I will also need it in my life now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great list! Loving the sounds of Six of Crows and Dreamstrider. As for Carry On, I'm thinking I need to get Fangirl read and soon, right? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreamstrider, oh my goodness. Definitely one of the more original books and covers I've seen, just like you said. here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/06/24/waiting-on-wednesday-mutant-city/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome selection of books this week. I hope that you love all of your new books this week. They look amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selections. I'm also dying to get my hands on Winter. So many good books coming out. Waiting is the worst.

    Here's my WOW

    Also don't miss my $30 giveaway to Amazon here

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog (new follower!) and wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying it :) These Macmillan books look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WINTER!!! A lot of people seem worried by the higher page count, but seeing as I also loved each book more than the last, I say bring it on! I like big books and I cannot lie :D And yes, CARRY ON! I loved Fangirl and I can't wait to read this fanfic! I still haven't read the Grisha Trilogy but I will, I swear it! So far, I've heard that Six of Crows is even better than the original trilogy! I'd never heard of Dreamstrider but WOW. I LOVE dream aspects and magic in my fantasy reads so you can be sure I'm adding it to my tbr shelf. Thanks for the rec Aylee and awesome picks^^ ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha right?! Sometimes big books freak me out if I'm stressed about how little reading time I have, but otherwise I'm like BRING IT ON!!
      Six of Crows even better?! I find that kind of hard to believe seeing as how I loved the original, but I guess I'll have to find out for myself!!

      Delete
  11. YES! I'm so excited for all these books, in fact my pick today is Carry On. I'm also really excited for Dreamstrider. I enjoyed Lindsay's historical series and so I'm excited to see her more traditional fantasy. Great picks!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I hadn't heard of the author of Dreamstrider before - I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed her past work!

      Delete
  12. I'm so excited for Winter! If only November would come faster!

    I'm also pretty excited about Six of Crows and Carry On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!! Hopefully Marissa will come back to Toronto and we can meet her again :)

      Delete
  13. These all sounds really great! I'm chomping at the bit for Winter as well. The Lunar Chronicles are so good! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to start Leigh Bardugo's series soon everyone seems to love it. Great picks.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm excited for all of these but nothing beats my excitement for Winter! So sad to see this series come to an end but can't wait to see how everything ends up. :)

    Bonnie @ For the Love of Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited for all of these! Hadn't actually heard of Dreamstrider before, but it sounds fantastic, and I'm definitely looking forward to it now. Loved the Grisha series so very excited for Six of Crows, and I am a huge fan of the Lunar Chronicles so can't wait to see how things turn out in Winter! Carry On looks amazing too, I loved Simon and Baz in Fangirl so it'll be interesting to see how Rainbow goes about things in this book. Great post, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yaaaay :D The best books this week Aylee. <3 Ugh, Six of Crows. I WANT THIS. I'm HEARTBROKEN that I'm not getting that special package :'( I would kill for it. Sobs. I need it. Anyway. Dying for the book :D And Carry On! Looove. I need it. <3 And dyyyying for Winter. Book I want the most of all the books. Sigh. Yay for it being so so many pages :) Anyway. I hope you will end up loving all these books when you get to read them sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww poor poor Carina. It might still happen!

      Delete
  18. Great list! I can't wait for Dream Strider. It sounds completely unique and amazing. I can't wait for Carry On either! Fangirl is one of my all time favorites. Have an awesome week! (:
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh DreamStrider sounds really good. I hadn't heard of that one. And YES, I'm so ready for Winter. It's going to be so amazing. I haven't read Fangirl yet (I know, I know, I WILL) but I'm still excited about Carry On because I've heard great things about Fangirl etc. and I'm pretty sure both of these will be perfect for me. :)

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Lauren I think you would really love Fangirl!!

      Delete
  20. I can't wait to read Rowell's next. The fact that she has gone ahead and given us the Simon Snow story is beyond amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm listening to Scarlet right now and the plan (oh the plan) is to be ready for Winter when it comes out. Which should be possible- I audio the Lunar series and my library has all of them so far. It'll be kind of exciting to actually be up to date with everyone as the hype mounts, so long as I don't get spoilered!

    I'm definitely looking into Dreamstrider more. Hadn't heard of it but it is most intriguing. Ooh. Aah. As it were. And I'm going to be reading the first Grisha series soon, so it's pretty exciting to know I can go back into the world if I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I wonder how the audio is. I might want a reread of the series (via audio) before Winter comes out :) And I hope you love the Grisha World!

      Delete
  22. OMG leave the premise!!! The covers!!!!!!! ♡ ♡ ♡ Totally loving this catalog!! Tremendous selection!! :)
    Haniya,
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG leave the premise!!! The covers!!!!!!! ♡ ♡ ♡ Totally loving this catalog!! Tremendous selection!! :)
    Haniya,
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Safe to say that Macmillan has an epic line-up of books! Cannot wait for these (especially WINTER)!

    Great WOW choices :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want ALL THE BOOKS. They're all so good, and I've heard great things about Six of Crows. These books need to come out sooner!

    ReplyDelete